Come Out & Play Jam: A Live-Action Game Design Challenge
Think you got game?
Join Come Out & Play Festival, ESI Design, Hive NYC, and the YMCA for an all-day event focused on designing your own real-world games!
- What: A FREE, one-day game design jam where teens work with professional game designers
- When: Saturday, June 15th, from 10am-5pm
- Where: YMCA Park Slope Armory, 361 15th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues in Brooklyn.
- Who: 11-18 year-olds
Learn about key game design principles from the pros, then break into teams to design your own games and set your own rules. Props will include everything from kickballs and traffic cones to rubber chickens and hula hoops. At the end of the day, teams will playtest and present their games to a panel of judges. The top two winning games will be featured at the 2013 Come Out & Play Festival on Governor’s Island on July 13th!
[button url=”http://comeoutandplayjam.eventbrite.com/” title=”Register Now!” label=”Register Now!” ptag=true]
- Lunch will be served
- Wear comfortable attire (sneakers or other rubber-soled shoes)
- Parents/guardians are invited to attend the final game presentations at 3pm
- Release forms must be signed in advance (sent via separate email after registration is confirmed)
Directions: Take the F or G train to the 15th St/Prospect Park stop. Walk West on 15th St past 8th Ave, Park Slope Armory will be on your right.
More about the Come Out & Play Festival
The Come Out & Play Festival seeks to provide a forum for new types of public games and play. We want to bring together a public eager to rediscover the world around them through play with designers interested in producing innovative new games and experiences.
**A Mozilla Maker Party**